So here's what's been going on in the world of Transylvanian Adventures of late...
- Alex Lucard (awesome name, btw) has put up a nice review of TA. I think it's fair and a generous 4 star rating. So that's cool. There are a couple of inaccuracies in there (likely my fault as a writer) that I will try to clear up in a blogpost soon.
- If you haven't already, checkout the Spellburn podcast. They're awesome and should be on your regular podcast rotation.
As for the print books...
- I've gone through a couple of rounds of minor edits. Each round takes a while to clear through the approval process. That's the big hurdle at the moment.
- Bad News: I may have one more edit cycle to go.
As for what's next...
- You might guess that supporting and finishing up the print-on-demand version of Transylvanian Adventures has absorbed most of my time. That's true. So no new progress has been made on the second book.
- After the print-on-demand edition is available, I'm going to work on a PDF only cheapo edition. I don't have the street cred at RPGNow/DriveThruRPG to offer it as a free download. But it will be entirely inexpensive, feature only the bare bones of Transylvanian Adventures, and contain no art. It will be a way for people to check it out and see if it's for them.
- As far as the second and third books are concerned, I'm still formulating the release plan for them. Transylvanian Adventures is doing well but it's not doing well enough, unfortunately. This means I'm going to have to rethink my next steps. This isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'll have more information towards the end of the year but, from what I've been pondering, it could mean more content is made available in PDF form sooner while the full books themselves take longer to complete. We'll see on that.